Sunday, December 22, 2013

Four + Weeks Post Surgery

I just had my second follow up visit and am about 2 weeks deep into physical therapy.  My flexibility is great and I got released to start walking short distances without the crutches - which if I'm to be honest - I've been doing for about two weeks anyway.  

I had a slight set back last weekend when I slipped on some ice with a crutch and came down pretty hard on my leg.  Almost right away I started having a sudden pain deep in my groin.  It wasn't constant and it would come right out of the blue with no obvious reason and sometimes almost feel like a spasm.  At first we thought I might have just pulled a muscle but the physician's assistant says that it's not all that uncommon after surgery for a few of those muscles to be "irritated" for a while.  It's happening much less often now so I guess I'm good.

I'm getting very antsy to start really walking again but with the ice and snow, I'll be pretty much stuck indoors for a while to reduce the risk of falling.  I think I'm going to be stuck on the Exercycle for a while for anything that burns calories.  But the good news is that I'm healing well, incisions look really good with only one having a bit of scar tissue under it that should go down as time goes on, and I'll soon be back to "normal".

No comments:

Post a Comment