Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm just past the 90 day mark and have to admit, I'm feeling pretty darn good even if the doc says I still can't ride my horse.

I am walking just fine with no pain in that hip at all.  I do sometimes move funny and get a "ouch" and I still can't do straight leg raises without some discomfort.  PT ended about 3 weeks ago and I have to admit I've pretty much failed at keeping up with the exercises even though I  have had great intentions.  

The non-surgery hip is really bothering me now.  It held up great post-surgery and did a fantastic job of holding me together while I was healing;  much better than I would have expected.  Now it's complaining quite a bit.  I go back in about 5 weeks and will find out if I can get that one done before the end of the year.  I thought they'd tell me at this last visit but they only took an x-ray and said it was too soon to decide.

At this point, I do get a little achy feeling now and then, usually after I've really been on the go, moving and lifting a lot.  It never lasts more than a day or two unless I just keep on pushing myself.  Getting out of the car after a long drive is soooo much better.  The right side will hurt like hell and not want to move but the fixed side is ready to rock.  I am noticing that my left SI is now bothering me when it used to always be the right SI.  I think this is a case of the "opposites".  The left hip was worse and it was felt in the right SI.  Now that it's fixed, the right hip is complaining and the left SI joins in.  

Overall - I'm still VERY happy I had the surgery even though the recovery has been what *I* consider slow since I'm still not 100%. I was forewarned though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment