Saturday, June 1, 2013

Post Surgery Week 2 - part 3

Yesterday I had my post-op appointment with the PA.  Although I'll admit I haven't used the continuous motion contraption much since the nausea quit and I started feeling more normal, my range of motion with that leg was surprisingly good.  I'm still limited to 20 lbs of weight on that leg (I know I've exceeded that more than a few times) but I was happy to get the stitches out and remove those crusty steri-strips.  I was quite surprised to see I actually have FOUR incisions!  I knew there could be 3-4 but two were close enough together that they had them covered up as one.  Not that it matters any but it was one of those "oh wow" moments.

I also got my application for a handicapped parking pass from the PA.  I had been lucky enough to get a half-way close parking spot there but going to the Secretary of State with it to get the actual car tag was a different story.  It would have been much easier if I had brought someone along that could have dropped me by the door.  Since I didn't actually HAVE the handicapped parking pass, I couldn't park in that spot...and their stupid doors aren't very cooperative for someone on crutches either.

Lesson Learned:  Take a driver to post-op appointment and to Secretary of State office.

Lots of other things are starting to get easier but I have to keep reminding myself to go light.  They did give me permission to start using an exercise bike but we don't have one...need to find someone to borrow one from.


No comments:

Post a Comment